Showcase interviewees ... even if you haven't interviewed them yet.
Interviews for Book Chapters
The premise of my upcoming book "Every Single Day" (ESD) is based on my radical marathon Write Every Day that has had me writing every day, without missing a day, since Nov. 1, 2012. There's the cliché, "It has changed my life," I know, but it has changed my life.
I plan to have chapters digging into different aspects of the ESD philosophy but then expand beyond just my personal experiences with those of others in different fields.
- Practice is perfect.
- Because “Every other day plus weekends” is too complicated.
- You do it even when you don't want to do.
- You’ll never again say, "Oh well. Another day where I didn't get it done."
I want to align others with my chapters and ideas with their own ideas and philosophies--or add new ones based on what I learn from them.
Disclaimer: I don't know if this is going to work. I don't even know if it's a good idea. But I like it, so I'm going to give it a shot. Your results may vary.
I'm setting up a page of my "Every Single Day" Book Sales Page where I list the people I interview for the book. The thing is, seeing that I haven't actually written the book yet, I also haven't interviewed these people yet. Here's my plan.
- Research: who would be good to interview? Why? This is proving more difficult, interesting and beneficial than I imagined.
- Interview: Some of them. The ones I'm more optimistic of landing interviews with. I'm thinking of having a checkbox next to the ones I've interviewed and then contacting the ones I haven't interviewed yet and, you know, make them feel like they want to be a part of the in crowd who interviewed for this book.
- Research some more: Based on what I learned in the first interviews, have a look back at my future interviews and see how they stack up, compare and if they're still good fits.
- Interview some more: one by one, contact those who haven't interviewed for the book yet. As the list of interviewees grows, hopefully the allure of being interviewed will too.
Check back in to see how this goes.